Optional full paper
Authors are invited to submit full-length papers which will be assessed for publication in a special issue of Journal of Risk Research (optional). The submission of a full paper is optional; it is possible to present an abstract without writing a full paper.
In regards to the guidelines for full length paper, the committee will use the same guideline as “Journal of Risk Research” uses. Please read more on the web page of Journal of Risk Research
Full length paper must be submitted to email@example.com, until June 2nd, 2014.
2012 Impact Factor: 1.240
Peer Review Policy
Call for Abstracts
Authors wishing to present their work at the conference in the form of an oral presentation, poster or symposium are requested to submit an abstract no later than January 31th 2014.
Abstracts and symposium proposals will be reviewed by the International Scientific Advisory Board. Upon acceptance authors will be notified by March 15th, 2014. The final program schedule will be available at the mid of May 2014.
Authors were invited to submit abstracts on topics related to the conference theme, including:
• Risk analysis and governance of major risks and catastrophic events
• Risk perception at individual and institutional level
• Risk communication and participation
• International and cross-border collaborations in risk reduction
• Anthropogenic risks
• Safety and security issues
• Evaluation of technological disasters triggered by natural hazards
• Economic loss estimation and insurance
• Risks on public health and food security
• Outcomes of policies, regulations and governance of risks
• Uncertainty and complexity of risks
• New paradigms in risk assessment and risk reduction
Submission of abstract for individual paper and poster
Abstracts for individual papers and posters should be submitted electronically, by filling out the abstract submission form. The abstract of an oral presentation or poster should be 400 words maximum and include specific field of interest, issues addressed, methodology applied and results achieved or expected.
Submission of Symposium
The general scheme is a symposium with 4 presentations, lasting for 90 minutes. Abstracts for symposia should not exceed 800 words. Symposium abstracts can be submitted by contacting the local organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The symposium organiser is requested to submit:
• a description of the general theme of the symposium,
• list the name(s) of the symposium leader(s)
• the individual presentations (title, author(s)).
Each author within the symposium should also submit the abstract(s) through the abstract submission form.
Joint Special Symposium of SRA-E & ERSA
This Joint Special Symposium of SRA-E & ERSA (European Regional Science Association) on ‘Resilience of Regions in the Face of Risks’ aims to provide a platform for discussion how resilience of regions can be improved in the face of risks from an interdisciplinary perspective. This Joint Special Symposium also aims to initiate a collaboration between the two networks that may lead to further joint activities in the future.
Each author who is willing to present his/her work within the Joint Special Symposium should also submit the abstract(s) through the abstract submission form by indicating the relevant topic. For further information on this Joint Special Symposium of SRA-E & ERSA please click here.
SRA Europe Conference Studentship Scholarships 2014
We are pleased to announce two SRA-Europe Conference Scholarships each worth 750 €. Students wishing to apply for a Scholarship are required to submit:
• a standard abstract, by 31th January 2014, following the procedure for the submission of abstracts, and
an application to the Awards Committee consisting of:
• An extended abstract (up to 800 words)
• A short CV (no more than 1 side A4)
• A description of their motivation for wishing to attend the conference
• A letter of support from their supervisor
This information should be sent to email@example.com, also by 31th January 2014. Only 2 documents should be sent: one containing 1-3 above with the letter from the student’s supervisor in the other. The email subject line should read: SRA Europe conference scholarships.
Deadline for submission of abstracts: January 31, 2014
Notification of acceptance: March 15, 2014
Early Bird registration: until April 15, 2014
Late Bird registration: until May 15, 2014
*Submitting an abstract does not mean that you are registered for the conference. The organizers require the commitment of the author or one of the authors of the papers to register for and attend the conference to present the paper. If none of the authors of an abstract have registered for the conference by the deadline, the presentation will be removed from the conference program.